Please help us to raise awareness across Ireland by ensuring that your employees do not have undiagnosed Osteoporosis. We need your support to help us limit the number of people losing their independence from a disease which is preventable and treatable in most people.
Many people who contact the Charity have already broken numerous bones. Many are unable to continue to work. However, with our guidance they have been able to get their independence back and return to employment.
Did you know that 25% of men and 50% of women aged 50, will break a bone from Osteoporosis?
How you can help to support us and assist your employees as well?
Your employees working together for a Charitable cause will help to increase staff morale.
It is also a great way to enhance teamwork and to project a positive corporate image. Employee fundraising activities could include any of the following:
- Why not have a competition among your employees to see if they can come up with a novel idea to highlight bone health tied into a fundraising event?
- Dress down day at work once a month when employees donate €2 each time to the Charity.
- A coffee morning with employees bringing in baked goods.
- A table quiz or raffle.
- A table tennis competition.
- Entering mini marathons, cycling or running events on behalf of the Charity.
Employees giving a donation from their pay to our Charity is a very simple way that they can make a significant contribution to the IOS.
- Your company could sponsor the National Osteoporosis Helpline.
- Your company could sponsor our Annual National Osteoporosis Meeting for health professionals.
- Your company could sponsor an awareness evening for the public in your area.