IOS Annual Medical Conference for Health Professionals
Saturday, October 20, 2018
Edmund Burke Theatre, Arts Building, Trinity College Dublin
ICGP Recognition: 6 CPD credits and 1GMS Study Leave
Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine: 6 CPD Credits
NMBI Awarded: 6.5 CEUs
Conference Programme /
presented by the national experts at the forefront of Osteoporosis Healthcare
Scroll down Registration.
|08.15 – 08.55|
|08.55 – 09.00|
Opening: Professor Emeritus Moira O’Brien
|09.00 – 09.30|
Professor Bernard Walsh. Director of the Bone Health and Osteoporosis Unit, St James Hospital.
|09.30 – 09.55|
Dr Cathy Casey.Consultant Obstetrician /Gynaecologist, University Hospital Complex, Limerick
|09.55 – 10.15|
Ms. Aoife Ni Eochaidh, Clinical Specialist Physiotherapist, Men & Women’s Health & ContinenceInternational Pelvic Physiotherapy Management Ltd., Galway
|10.15 – 10.35|
Ms Laura Healy, Senior Dietician, Clinical Nutrition, St James’ Hospital, Dublin
|10.35 – 11.05|
Daragh Rodger, Advanced Nurse Practitioner
|11.05 – 11.25||Coffee Break|
|11.25 – 11.40|
Oral Abstracts Presentation
|11.40 – 12.00|
Ms. Marie Roddy, Senior Paediatric Dietician, National Children’s Hospital, Dublin
|12.00 – 12.20|
Professor Catherine Woods, Professor in Physical Activity and Health, University of Limerick
|12.20 – 12.40|
Dr. Padraig Sheeran, Consultant Paediatric Anaesthesiologist, Crumlin
|12.40 – 13.00|
Oral Abstracts Presentations
|13.00 – 13.45||Lunch|
|13.45 – 13.55|
IOS Lifetime Achievement Award and Contribution to Research Award –
|13.55 – 14.20|
Professor John Carey, Consultant Physician in Rheumatology and Medicine,
|14.20 – 14.45|
Dr. Kevin Carroll, Consultant, Medicine for the Elderly, St James Hospital
|14.45 – 15.05|
Mr. Richard Shortall, Alliance Physiotherapy
|15.05 – 15.25||Coffee Break|
|15.25 – 15.45|
Dr. Donncha O’Gradaigh, Consultant Rheumatologist, Department of Rheumatology,
|15.45 – 16.10|
Mr. Ashley Poynton, Orthopaedic Consultant, Poynton Spine Institute
|16.10 – 16.50|
Round Table: Differential Back Pain
|16.50 – 17.00|
Abstract Award Presentations
CPD Recognition Confirmed
Call for Abstracts – Oral & Poster
Abstract submissions are welcome for consideration for the Irish Osteoporosis Society Annual Medical Conference.
- Your abstract may have up to 250 words.
- Abstracts should be typed in word format and sent as an attachment by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that Abstract IOS 2018 is typed in the subject box of your email.
- Please ensure that the abstract is sent from the e-mail address to which correspondence regarding the conference is to be sent.
- Please include a contact telephone number/mobile for the presenter/author.
- No patient identifiers accepted on any material.
- Please confirm if you wish to submit your abstract for consideration as poster only, oral only or as both Poster and Oral.
- Accepted abstracts in each award category will have an oral presentation: 5 slides, 5 minutes each with 2 minutes questions and answers (7 minutes total).
Closing Date for Abstract Submission: October 5, 2018.
Notification of Review Outcome by Email: October 10, 2018
Deadline for Accepted Oral & Poster Presenters to Register to Confirm Attendance: October 5, 2018. Accepted Abstract Presenters can register to attend at the Early Bird Registration Fee.