IOS Annual Medical Conference for Health Professionals
Saturday, October 19, 2019
Edmund Burke Theatre, Arts Building, Trinity College Dublin
The Irish Osteoporosis Society held their 21st Annual Medical Conference for Health Professionals in TCD on Saturday October 19, 2019.
Prof Jim Lucey spoke about the connection between Psychiatry and bone health. He had the entire audience participating (actually singing), even those who were tone deaf! Dr Frances Dockery spoke about Fracture Liaison services which was a very hot topic as well as giving an overview of vitamin D: treatments, exercise and case studies.
Best clinical case was delivered by Dr Ciaran Fitzgerald.
Best investigator award went to Ms Aine O’Riordan.
Best overall abstract was won by Dr Eva Mc Cabe.
Best poster by Dr Nagabothula Ramesh.
Please check back with this website for more information on the 2020 IOS Medical Conference.
CLICK FOR AGENDA IOS Medical Conference 2019 Final 11.10.2019
This year’s annual meeting has been approved for 7 external CPD points
and 1 gms study leave by the ICGP & 6.5 CEU’s by NMBI
Please note this conference is intended for Healthcare Professionals only.
AGENDA HIGHLIGHTS –
- Lina Zgaga, Associate Professor, Public Health & Primary Care speaking on The effects of Vitamin D on health, how to interpret the evidence.
- Aoife Ní Mhuiri, Founder and CEO at Salaso Health Solutions, Lecturer at Institute of Technology, Tralee presenting on Exercise and Osteoporosis.
- Dr. Kevin McCarroll, Consultant, Medicine for the Elderly, St James Hospital presenting Case Studies.
Call for Abstracts – Oral & Poster
Abstract submissions are welcome for consideration for the Irish Osteoporosis Society Annual Medical Conference.
- Your abstract may have up to 250 words.
- Abstracts should be typed in word format and sent as an attachment by email to email@example.com. Please ensure that Abstract IOS 2019 is typed in the subject box of your email.
- Please ensure that the abstract is sent from the e-mail address to which correspondence regarding the conference is to be sent.
- Please include a contact telephone number/mobile for the presenter/author.
- No patient identifiers accepted on any material.
- Please confirm if you wish to submit your abstract for consideration as
o poster only
o oral only
o both poster and oral.
- Accepted oral abstracts in each award category will have an oral presentation: 5 slides, 5 minutes each with 2 minutes questions and answers (7 minutes total).
Abstract Award Categories
Young Investigator Award x 2
Best Overall Scientific Abstract x 1
Most Interesting Clinical Case x 1
Best Poster x 1
Closing Date for Abstract Submission: October 4, 2019.
Notification of Review Outcome by Email: October 8, 2019
Deadline for Accepted Oral & Poster Presenters to Register to Confirm Attendance: October 11, 2019.
Accepted Abstract Presenters can register to attend at the Early Bird Registration Fee.